Player Rules & Policies
2018 PLAYER PICK-UP POLICIES
For 2018, GHSA has revised the pick-up player policies to help ensure forfeited games are kept at a minimum, as well as taking into consideration the safety and fairness of the overall teams when a pickup player is chosen:
- Teams are now allowed to pick-up more than two (2) players to complete their roster up to 10 players, as long as the opposing coach agrees.
- If the opposing coach does not agree, and the team needing the pickups has fewer than nine (9) players, that team will be forced to forfeit the game.
- Teams are NOT able to pick-up players, if they already have 10 players, or to play an EH. Pickups are only allowed for your team to get up to 10 players, not 11 for men's and women's, or 12 for coed.
- Teams are NEVER allowed to pick up players to sit one of their own players.
- If it is found that you are using a non-team rostered player exclusively every league night, that player could be imposed another association fee. That player will be monitored as an excessive pickup player and could result in suspension from league play for up to a week.
- Pick- up players must be of the same classification or lower.
- For instance, a Men's E team CANNOT pick up a Men's C player.
- Coed E players will be allowed to pickup on a Coed F team to help alleviate issues with forfeits due to lack of players. This is the only exception to the classification rule.
If it is found that you do not have a full roster signed up for the season and supplementing your team with pickups, your team will be given a warning and then further consequences will occur, to include a possible suspension.
Thank you for your cooperation with these rules.
GHSA Board Members